It has been so long since I have worked with Isaiah one on one and I am trying not to let the guilt overcome me. After I had Drew, I took a break from my teaching time with Isaiah. For one, it took me a little while to figure out how to timely manage two. So it took me awhile to figure out when a good time of the day was for Isaiah and I to just hang out by ourselves and study God's word. BUT--we are back in the swing of things now and he is loving it again.
We always start our lesson off with a little song. I made up the tune (if you can really call it a tune) but the words came from our Puggles book. There are motions that Isaiah does with the song as well.
God made the sun.
So we can see.
God made the stars.
And God made ME.
God made the frogs.
To hop with glee.
God made the birds.
And God made ME.
God made my ears.
God made my knee.
God made my fingers.
And God made ME.
Lesson 2 is a continuation of our verses in Genesis. Genesis 1:6-8 talks about God making the sky on the second day. I love getting to teach Isaiah just how the Earth was formed and talk with him about the greatness and awesome power of the Lord. We spent alot of time that week looking out the windows from the kitchen (because the wind was blowing 50 mph!) and also out the windows as we drove. We talked about the different colors of the sky and the clouds and how big the sky is. We talked about the sun being up in the sky and the sun gives us light, but that God made the light (lesson 1). We then made a picture with clouds on it. Isaiah loved gluing cotton balls on the page and forming his own big clouds. It just thrills my soul to see him soaking this up and remembering it as we talk about it weeks later. I know this is the most important thing I can do for him--to teach him of the love Jesus has for him and create in him a respect for our Lord and teach him how to honor Him with his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment