Sunday, July 14, 2013

Part 2--No more training wheels

What Kyle wanted for his 2nd part of his birthday was to take Isaiah's training wheels off and teach him to ride his bike!  Isaiah was so excited about this (and so was Kyle!).  When Isaiah finally got it down and rode by himself for the first time, I had tears streaming down my cheeks while filming it.  It was an awesome addition to Kyle's birthday.
Here's Daddy talking to Isaiah about how this is going to work.
The first attempt.
Isaiah was scared he was going to fall. He didn't quite understand how to simply put his foot down on the ground to keep the bike from falling over.
Kyle stood up and looked straight at Isaiah and this is what I heard, "Isaiah, I am your Daddy. Do you trust me? I will not ever let anything happen to you. I won't let you fall. Now let's try this again. Just trust me." And after that speech, Isaiah did just that and he had a successful ride.

Click HERE to watch Isaiah riding his bike with no training wheels!!!

No comments: