I have absolutely loved the MOPS group that I joined this year. We meet every other Friday and the Fridays in between there is always a playdate set up or some other fun thing to do. This Friday we all met at Firestation #12!! I knew that we couldn't miss this playdate because Isaiah would just love it! And I was right! The kids watched a video of what to do in a fire. Isaiah learned that you "Don't hide! Go outside!" He saw a fireman dress up in all his gear and also learned that if he ever sees a fireman in his house that he needs to run to him and not hide from him. Firemen are not scary! It was a great lesson to learn! And Isaiah heard every word and really remembered it. We then got to go see a fire truck and look at all the tools they use. Isaiah was quick to tell a fireman that his Uncle Tim has his own fire truck and he gets to see it alot and even drive it! Isaiah was quite proud! While we were looking the siren went off and all the kids and moms had to run to the grass and get out of the way. They were being called out to go help someone. Isaiah was fascinated by this! It took all 4 men about 15 seconds to shuts all the doors on the truck, put on their suit and drive off. I was so impressed. Tears filled my eyes and I was overcome with gratitude for the sacrifice and hard work these men do daily. Once they returned we were able to hear about what they just went to do and then kids just soaked it in. Isaiah learned so much this day and he often reminds me anytime we see a fire truck that we "don't hide momma."
No comments:
Post a Comment