My birthday always brings a bit of sadness along with my rejoicing of yet another year lived. This year was extra special. I watched every possible show about 9/11 that day and remembered with the whole nation how I felt that day 10 years ago. I cried tears again, just as I do every year. But just like every year, I was again blessed with yet another birthday to celebrate. And I was grateful. 30 years of living is more than some get. And I have to say that my 30 years have been packed with goodness and blessings from the Lord--college, my first job, my husband, my first baby, our first move together, my second baby, and wonderful friendship along the way.
The greatest blessings in my life blessed me on my special day. My dad and mom took us all out to lunch after church. Amy bought me a wonderful present I have been needing--a can opener--and also sent me a sweet list of 30 things she loves about me. Isaiah made me a sweet card that Daddy helped him color. And Kyle bought these beautiful flowers for me, did the laundry, made me sit in the chair with my feet propped up, and bought me dinner in Levelland at any place I wanted. It was a great day at home spent with the 3 loves of my life, my 3 boys. Lord you are so good to us. I look forward to my 30's and all the blessings they hold.
No comments:
Post a Comment