Wednesday, November 17, 2010

T-O-Y-S-T-O-R-Y

Today, November 17th 2010, my son just blew me away. He almost brought me to tears. I was again also reminded of just how good the Lord is and how he has created each of us by His own hand.

We were in the car driving to Lubbock. Isaiah asked for his Woody book to look at. He does this almost every trip we make just because he loves the pictures and also I think he likes to use the book to block the sun! :) I had the radio on in the front of the car and Isaiah was studying his book in the back of the car. I begin to hear him talking so I turn my radio down and listen closely. I hear him saying letters to himself. He starts off with "T", then "Zero" (he saw the "O" and thought it was a zero. Kinda clever if you ask me.) He then said "Y". At this point I turn around to glance at him and I see him pointing to each letter on the front of his Toy Story book. I listen longer and he proceeds to spell the next word. He says "S", "T" & "Zero". He had some trouble with the "R" but then finished with "Y". He claps for himself and says "yay" and I felt my jaw drop!! Holy Cow! Did he just really do that? Who taught him that? I sure didn't. I know Kyle taught him what an "S" was one time when they were spray painting some letters for me out in the garage. But seriously---where did he learn that?? I immediately told him how wonderful that was and he just smiled like he had known it all along and was just keeping it a secret until now.

Our God is so good. He created my little man. And He knew the things he would be able to do even before he was born. God knew this moment would just bless this Momma's socks off. So, thank you Lord for that sweet time in the car today. Isaiah and I have shown everyone we have seen today how he can point out all the letters. He is quite proud of himself too!

No comments: